HOW TO TAKE PART IN LUGA
The Ministry of Agriculture, Viticulture and Rural Development and the City of Luxembourg, in collaboration with the Fédération Horticole luxembourgeoise, welcome you to discover LUGA – Luxembourg Urban Garden.
Stay informed of events
Subscribe to the newsletter for project promoters, advisory committee members and the general public.
Many ways to participate
- Sponsorship and mentoring (financial or practical support)
- Promoting projects in four main locations (horticultural, environmental, social, pedagogical, cultural, urban, tourism, hotels/hospitality projects)
- Promoting projects outside the main locations (horticultural, environmental, social, pedagogical, cultural, urban, tourism, hotels/hospitality projects)
- Thematic expertise – member of a consultative committee (horticultural, cultural, pedagogical, tourism, urban or technical projects regarding for example general security, hygiene, mobility, public works and more)
- Ambassador – influencer (anyone who would like to support LUGA as a spokesperson or in any other capacity)
Who can participate?
- Ministries, local authorities, associations, non-governmental organisations, public interest foundations, trade unions, companies, groups and federations working to raise awareness of the concepts of agriculture, viticulture, horticulture, tourism, the environment, urban planning and circular economy
- Schools and extra-curricular establishments
- Private and public cultural institutions (museums, exhibition centres, libraries, concert halls, musicians, artists, etc.)
- Commercial companies and suppliers of tourism services
Which projects could be eligible?
In line with the overall philosophy of LUGA, which includes the following general objectives:
- Promote the agricultural sector
- Highlight the value of ecological urban planning
- Associate natural and cultural diversity
- Express a positive touristic image of the country
- Highlight historic heritage
- Raise awareness and educate about food production and the environment
- Promote methods that avoid pesticides, as well as encouraging local, seasonal and socially responsible production
- Respect the low-ecological impact vocation of the event (limit the use of resources and the production of emissions and waste)
- Protect the climate and encourage adaptation to climate change
- Integrate circular economy principles
- Enable eco-responsible mobility and the participation of people with reduced mobility
- Suggest innovative concepts
How to participate across the country?
Many projects can be integrated into the LUGA programme, particularly:
- Exhibitions or horticultural decorations
- Shows, events or cultural exhibitions
- Touristic events or space
- Pedagogical activities
- Conferences, seminars, workshops
- Rallies, guided tours, circuits
- Touristic or gastronomic offerings
- Research, literary works, publications
- Construction of an urban planning project
- Digital applications, open data projects, etc.
Which must also :
- Already exist, either in the four main locations, or in one of the City’s neighbourhoods, or elsewhere in country
- Fulfil a minimum number of criteria predefined by the charter, and be in accordance with the general philosophy of LUGA 2023, with general objectives such as those specified to be eligible for co-financing.